TCA’s annual business meeting will be held Sunday, Sept 5 at the Southwest Open tournament site. The meeting is open to the public. Agenda below:
1. Reading of the minutes of previous meeting by the Secretary.
2. Financial report by the Treasurer.
3. President’s Report
4. Election results & installment of new officers
5. Old Business
- Selection of Delegates to the annual USCF membership
- TCA Funding for Chess in Education
- TCA Membership Structure
6. New Business
We’re less than two weeks away from the 76th annual Southwest Open and several strong players have already confirmed their participation, including GM Alejandro Ramirez, fresh off his win at the US Open.
GM Alejandro Ramirez 2647
GM Ioan Cristian Chirila 2561
IM Marko Zivanic 2583
IM Puchen Wang 2550
IM Salvijus Bercys 2507
IM Julio Sadorra 2451
Corpus Christi, the site of the upcoming Southwest Open, will play host to another TCA event in October – the Texas Girls Scholastic Championship.