Tom Crane is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Tom Crane’s Zoom Meeting
Time: May 20, 2019 8:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,6727791288# US (San Jose)
+19292056099,,6727791288# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 672 779 1288
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/actTaI4qXF
Opening remarks –
- If your not speaking please mute your phone or laptop, if you don’t it causes voice quality voice quality issues
Background Checks and Requirements to Submit P&Ls – Motion passed for immediate implementation at State meeting
- We also discussed changing the election cycle to two years and this passed for immediate implementation.
Status of updating the remaining By-Laws
- The By-Laws have many things in them that we simple don’t do – this is you chance to propose changes to get the By-Law to reflect what we’re doing as an organization.
- Specific things I want to see in the updated By-Laws
- How are we going to restructure the memberships since we are taking Texas Knights on-line
- Streamlined/redlined/revised so they are easier to understand
- Things we don’t do for instance
- Section 2. Annual Junior Chess Meeting
- The annual junior chess meeting shall be held during the Texas Scholastic Championship. The tournament director or organizer shall plan for this meeting to take approximately ninety minutes. The agenda shall focus on issues unique to Texas Junior Chess.
- It’s not clear whether there’s a Board of Directors consisting of the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer or are the Regional Directors included.
Polgar nominee –Emily Nguyen, Senior Championship Representative-
How do we count our members
- After numerous discussions I think we need to count all the members we really have
- We have ~400 regular paying but we give one tournament memberships to all the scholastic players who play our events. This would put us in the ~4,000 person ball park.
USCF Delegate’s – I have until…..as long as I need. If you are going to the US Open, or know somebody that is going, please ask them to contact me so I can put them on the list.
- Current list – Troy Gillispie, Vish, me, Luis, David Harvey
- Just a mention how much we have in our accounts
- Plan to audit and why we’re doing it
Plan to roll out the on-line Texas Knights – Louis Reed is the new Texas Knights Editor
Lonann French has resigned as Secretary, Renate Garcia has been installed as her replacement
David Ortiz is the new Director for Region X, still need Director for Region 7
TCA needs to start getting younger
- Texas State and Amateur and Southwest Open out of the Metroplex – push to 2020, Luis has hotel deals for 2019 in place
- TCA starting to utilize younger members to get them credits for larger events
- Is your Regional awarded and if not what is the plan for this
- Things that are happening in their Region, mention large upcoming tournament’s, or bring up any issues important to them that we need to address