The 2017 Texas State and Amateur Championship Tournament was held in Irving between May 26th and May 29th. The State Championship section had 41 participants with IM Zurabi Javakhadze winning with a score of 6.0/7. The Amateur Championship section had 145 participants with Jhonel Baniel and Stephen A. Hough sharing the top spot with a score of 6.0/7.
About The Author
The Texas Chess Association has been serving the needs of Texas Chess Players since 1935.
- 24th North/Central Texas K-12 Grade Championships
- IM David Brodsky wins 87th Southwest Open
- Annual Membership Meeting 9/5/2021
- 87th Annual Southwest Open
- Texans Recognized with Chess Journalism Awards
- Austen Green Wins Texas State Championship
- Minutes from the TCA Junior Chess Meeting, May 16, 2021
- TCA Junior Chess Meeting May 16
- Apr-May-June 2021 Texas Knights Now Available Online
- 2021 Texas Scholastic Chess Championships Final Standings