The 2017 Texas State and Amateur Championship Tournament was held in Irving between May 26th and May 29th. The State Championship section had 41 participants with IM Zurabi Javakhadze winning with a score of 6.0/7. The Amateur Championship section had 145 participants with Jhonel Baniel and Stephen A. Hough sharing the top spot with a score of 6.0/7.
About The Author
The Texas Chess Association has been serving the needs of Texas Chess Players since 1935.
October 8, 2018
November 13, 2017
January 11, 2010
June 12, 2008
- A Message from the President – December 2023
- Texas Team Championship 2024
- Veterans at the San Angelo Veterans Day Swiss
- TCA’s Newest Chess Affiliate
- Texas North Scholastic Grade Championships
- South Texas Grade Chess Championship
- A Message from the President – September 2023
- Minutes from Membership Meeting 2023