The 2018 North/Central Texas Scholastic Chess Championships concluded in Houston on March 9, 2018. Nearly 800 students competed in the three day event organized by the Dallas Chess Club.
Complete Team and Individual Results | US Chess Event Summary
Below are individual winners of each section. All top scorers are listed when all had the same score.
- NM Sam Land Capocyan and NM Bovey Liu finished at the top of the High School Championship section with 6.5 points.
- Joey Pena won the High School JV section with a perfect 7.0.
- NM Daniel Hung, Ganesh Kumarappan, and CM Atreya Vaidya Finished at the top of the Middle School Championship section with 6.5 points each.
- Zahira Pichardo won the Middle School JV with 6.5 points.
- John Capocyan won the Elementary Championship with 6.5 points.
- Gurshaan Thukral won the Elementary JV with a perfect 7.0 points.
- Aryan Gutla won the Primary Championship with 6.0 points.
- Axel Peterson, Neil Shaw, Preston Aranda, Joaquin Garza, and Aneesh Vijaya Ragavan finished on top of the Primary JV with 6.5 points each.
- Andrew Lau won the K-1 Championship with 6.5 points.